Here are a few things that I recommend:
Top of the list will be reusable swim nappies which we encourage the use of. Disposable swim specific nappies can also be used such as Little Swimmers. These can even be-reused a couple of times if not dirty and allowed to dry out. Regular nappies are unsuitable for swimming and must not be worn.
Some Babies don’t like being held on their bare skin for too long so we recommend that your baby wears a neoprene suit, rumper-suit or simply a t-shirt.
You will also need:
- A towel
- At the Thistle pool a padlock should be brought if you wish to secure a locker.
- A snack if your baby has started solids. Moving around in the water makes everyone hungry!
- Bring a warm bottle if your baby is bottle fed.
- Bring whatever you need to keep you and your child well hydrated.
- Changing mat and nappy bag. (Soiled nappies need to be tied up into a bag before disposing.)
- If it’s cold make sure you bring a hat for after.
- Goggles? People often asked me about goggles. We recommend goggles are started to be used from about 2-3 years of age. Click here for an article I wrote about goggles.
Don’t forget everything you need for yourself!